PAGCOR’s Warning Against Illegal Online Gambling
PAGCOR, the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation, is issuing a firm warning to the public regarding the dangers of participating in illegal online gambling activities. The objective is to protect individuals from potential scams, identity theft, and fraudulent use of credit cards.
Risks and Consequences:
Engaging in unlawful gambling not only violates the law but also has broader consequences. It deprives the government of significant tax revenue that could otherwise be allocated to vital programs benefiting the Filipino population.
Embracing Licensed Online Gaming
Licensed Online Games:
- PAGCOR strongly advises individuals to opt for licensed online gaming options. This includes Electronic Games (E-Games) and Electronic Bingo Games (E-Bingo), offering a combination of skill and chance for an enjoyable gaming experience.
- E-Games encompass a diverse array of virtual games of chance, ranging from casino-style games to hybrid games blending skill and luck. These games are accessible via computers and internet-connected devices.
- E-Bingo involves chance-based gameplay conducted on electronic gaming systems. Utilizing a Random Number Generator (RNG), numbers are randomly selected and displayed on electronic screens. This form of gaming is typically facilitated through electronic bingo machines.
Collaborative Efforts Against Illicit Gambling
Government Agencies’ Partnership:
- In the fight against illegal online gambling, PAGCOR collaborates with various agencies, including the Philippine National Police, the National Bureau of Investigation, the Bureau of Immigration, and the Office of Cybercrime under the Department of Justice. Together, they have established an inter-agency council dedicated to intelligence gathering, investigations, and prosecution of individuals involved in unlawful online gambling.
Promoting Responsible Gaming
Secure and Responsible Gaming Practices:
- To promote responsible gaming, PAGCOR emphasizes the importance of secure practices for legitimate gaming websites. These sites require membership registration following Know-Your-Customer (KYC) protocols for verification purposes.
- Upon registration, new members are required to commit a refundable fee of P1,000 for a month. A rigorous verification process ensures that only registered players access their accounts. This process involves a one-time pin (OTP) sent to the player’s phone number, enhancing security.
Acknowledgment of Responsible Gaming:
Empowering Player Rights and Social Responsibility
Player Support and Responsibility:
- Licensed E-Games and E-Bingo platforms prioritize players’ rights and well-being by providing avenues for addressing concerns with service providers and gaming operators.
The Role of Responsible Gaming Division:
- PAGCOR’s “Responsible Gaming Division” plays a pivotal role in promoting responsible gaming practices. The “Player Exclusion Program,” administered by the division, allows individuals to request bans from all gaming venues if they suspect excessive gambling addiction.
Positive Impact of Legal Online Gaming Operations
Contributing to Societal Welfare:
- PAGCOR’s legitimate online gaming operations contribute a substantial amount of approximately P9 million daily. These funds are directed towards programs aimed at reducing poverty, enhancing healthcare facilities, constructing educational institutions, and supporting Philippine national athletes’ training.
PAGCOR’s warning against illegal online gambling serves as a crucial reminder of the risks involved. By embracing licensed gaming options and adhering to responsible gaming practices, individuals can enjoy entertainment while contributing to societal welfare.
Read more: How to Win at Real Money Scratch Cards